No one wants to divulge their private information while browsing the web., , and other popular browsers can help keep your data safe from prying eyes. The caveat, however, is that securing these browsers means configuring a few extensions or . There is a browser – with its own – it simplifies the configuration and handling of the process, while protecting your data.
Out of the box,blocks third-party trackers and cookies that monitor your activity when you travel the web. But the browser also gives you control over what you do and don’t want to be blocked – from ads and cookies to Facebook and Google login buttons.
The maker of the unusual Brave browser said it understood that its strict blocking policy has consequences for websites: You don’t see any ads that help support website content creation. To compensate content creators, Brave takes a smart approach which allows you to make anonymous contributions to the websites you visit. The publishers then receive the contributions in the form of cryptocurrencies once they have opted for the system. Or you can allow ads and tracking in Brave’s settings if you don’t mind. But the cost of being tracked is losing control of your privacy.
Available for Windows, MacOS, Android and ios, the Brave browser is built on the same foundation as Chrome, which means that Brave can use Chrome extensions. In fact, when you click on “Search for extensions and themes” in the Brave settings, you are taken to the Chrome Web Store to find extensions and themes for the browser.
And just because Brave is built on a framework developed by Google doesn’t mean you’re limited to using Google as your default search engine. Brave has released a public beta of try Brave Search beta now on your desktop., designed to compete with Google, called Brave Search, which will become the default search engine for Brave browser later this year. You can
Read more:, , and .
When it comes to Brave Browser for mobile, you might have to wait until Brave Search is enabled by default via another Brave Browser update. Currently, there is no option to manually add Brave Search. You can always change your default search engine by opening Brave on mobile and tapping on the three-dot icon to the right of the URL bar. When you press Settings, your first option will be to change your default search engine.
Here’s how to set up Brave and make contributions to websites and content creators.
Control what Brave is blocking
By default, Brave blocks all advertisements, trackers, third-party cookies (which follow you around the web through social buttons on a web page), and third-party fingerprints (which follow you by creating a profile unique to you from you. using your browser and computer settings). You can, however, adjust the stiffness with which Brave approaches protection.
1. In the Brave menu, click Preferences.
2. In the Settings panel on the left, tap Shields.
3. Via the privacy options on the right, select the level of protection you want.
4. In the Settings panel again, tap Social media blocking to control whether to allow Google and Facebook login buttons, built-in Twitter tweets, and built-in LinkedIn posts.
5. If you want more precise control, under Additional Settings on the left, tap Privacy and Security.
6. Here you can adjust the services used by the Brave browser, such as a predictive service to help autocomplete searches and URLs.
seven. To try out the privacy-focused Brave search, you can right-click your URL bar and select Manage research Engines. In the list titled Other search engines, select Brave Search by pressing the three dots icon to the right and clicking Default.
Contribute to websites and content creators
Brave’s restrictive approach to advertising comes at a cost – websites don’t make money for their work. In order to contribute to websites that you visit without being tracked, Brave has developed Brave Rewards, a program that allows you to earn tokens by watching advertisements selected by Brave, which then automatically contribute cryptocurrency income to the sites. Web you are visiting. Here’s how to join the rewards program.
1. Tap the three parallel line hamburger menu on the right of the toolbar and tap Brave Rewards.
2. Faucet Yes, I am in it.
3. On the Brave Rewards page, you can configure and adjust your participation in the income program:
- For ads, you can adjust the number of ads to show per hour.
- For automatic contributions, you can control how much to contribute each month and set a minimum threshold of time spent on a page before the site is rewarded with a contribution.
4. In addition to earning tokens through your web activities, you can add your own cryptocurrency to your account to contribute to the sites.
To learn more about navigation, see ourand how .